Saturday, September 4, 2010

3d intro week 1

Summer vacation has ended and the first week of second year has just ended.
This was the very first week with 3d animation, and a really nice introduction to this whole new media.
In between small tests and lectures we worked on a "bigger" piece, trying to build a small story around a sphere and a room.
I decided to tell the story of a kid trying to get his dads attention, but he is watching tv and wont be bothered.
The playblast ended up a bit dark, so a few of the details dissapears, but generally I'm satisfied with it - simple as it is.


Bouncing ball exercise from Christoffer Andersen on Vimeo.

I've included the quick thumbnailing I did.
I really want to use the 2d knowledge I gained last year, and roughing out the animation in stickfigure style in a 2d package is really neat.

Withing 30 minutes or so, I've tried a few different concepts/solutions, nailed the timing as well as the most important poses.
From there on, it is just a matter of plussing it in CG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment